Altium compatible files

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
yes2i2s
Experienced Member

Altium compatible files

Post by yes2i2s »

Is it possible to obtain some altium compatible design files for the x200 multichannel audio development board?

It would be very handy for inspecting how the planes and layers have been setup and working with the schematic rather than the PDF version and gerbers. It would make designing with this reference kit a whole lot easier.

Please let me know, thanks

johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi There,

Have you checked out the hardware design files that are available here :
https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18334

Best regards,
John
yes2i2s
Experienced Member

Post by yes2i2s »

Hi John

Yes I have those which are cad and gerbers but you can't import them as editable schematics and PCBs as they're output files not working files.

Not to worry just would have been really nice to have the source schematic in it's original form.

Thanks
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Can't you import Gerbers? The Pulsonix software I use can do that.

I checked, and it appears that you can.

Leon
yes2i2s
Experienced Member

Post by yes2i2s »

you can import a gerber but it's only a stencil. if you have an original schematic document and PCB layout project you have all the netlists / ratsnest, footprints, schematic pin layout, part files, part models etc.

Basically all the stuff you have to end up making again in Altium manually. It's fine but if you could have those files it saves doing it all again when it already exists.

Cheers, tom :)
jzw
Member++

Post by jzw »

Hello

I too am looking for Altium templates for the x200 series parts. XS1 parts are available for download on the Altium library site, but I cannot locate any newer parts. I am actively designing a new board using a PB236 footprint and assume that these details have been done internally at Xmos.

It would save me an awfull lot of typing and potential errors if I had access to the official template.

Thanks
yes2i2s
Experienced Member

Post by yes2i2s »

I'll let you know if I have any luck digging for them