UAV

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
wardy

UAV

Post by wardy »

Version: 1
License: LGPL

The purpose of this project is to develop an engine which provides a ground based pilot with the necessary information to fly the UAV.
Included in the data feedback to the pilot will be: -
Pitch, Roll, Altitude, Speed, GPS and Birds eye view.
Should communications be broken, to UAV will have the ability to return "home" via GPS way points.

codemaroon
New User

Post by codemaroon »

hey wardy nice thought.....can u pls. elaborate some lil' more on this.it wll be my pleasure if i could be of any help to u.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I cant wait to see this develop! What stage are things in currently?
wardy

Post by wardy »

removed - replied to the wrong person.
wardy

Post by wardy »

My current state...

I did have a pic MPU connected to the aileron and elevator servos, a second pic connected to the Engine and rudder servos.

They are now disconnected. The aircraft is from a kit and has been partially built and dismantled to allow for modifications to take place.

A friend has suggested building an airship version, removing the issue of lift and additional power requirements. I actually like this idea and may work on both.

With regards to some of the features - altitude awareness, speed, I have a lot to learn.

I am also in the process of purchasing parts such as gyro's... Ebay has not been my friend so far, I have purchased some parts which have been faulty upon arrival.

As this is a personal project, work unfortunately takes priority, so it's development may at times be a little slow.
wardy

Post by wardy »

Hi Codemaroon,

I have just replied to Jason's message...

Not sure how much more I can add right now...

It is my intention to to control 6 Servo's eventually.

1 for the pilot's cam, offering 360 degree view.
1 for the engine's throttle.
1 for the ailerons.
1 for the elevators.
1 for the rudder.
1 spare for accessories.

I plan on using 3 Gyro's. 1 for yaw, 1 for pitch and one for roll.

With regards to altitude - I am not sure what is best. I may consider using a pulsed infra red beam, while close to the ground - potentially providing a smoother landing.

Airspeed - not sure how to calculate this to be honest. I know how it's measured on a real airplane, again more thought required here...

While I would like to build in way points and a planned route via GPS, initially a "return to home" via gps will be acceptable.

Once completed, I would like to be able to "pair" a UAV to the pilots control and possibly even encrypt the data between the two.

Also requred, will be a pilot's console, so the project is actually 2 phase. I am actually considering using a micro pc which can be battery operated, connected to "communications" box.

I do have a few additional idea's but for now I will keep them to myself until I either rubbish them or prove them workable..

As you can see, there is still a great deal to think about and plan. Sorry for being vague.
codemaroon
New User

Post by codemaroon »

hello wardy,
i have just read your explaination bout u r project.its sounds awesome. first of all thanks for considering my request.please keep updating the things so that we could follow the project and may be i could be able to help u somehow.once again i would say that u have done a wonderful job and the idea is pretty awesome. thanks again.

take care.

wardy

Post by wardy »

Thank you codemaroon, a lot to get done, and a lot of experimentation on the way. It will be good fun!
wardy

Post by wardy »

Thank you codemaroon. I will certainly keep you in mind!

Have you had any experience with accelerometers? They look rather useful to what I am designing.
codemaroon
New User

Post by codemaroon »

hey wardy,
thanks for asking..so what kinda help you want for the accelerators. i have done muxh with them. pls. elaborate a lil' so that i could give you the perfect solution.

thanks and regards
Rahul Agarwal
(electronics and communication,IT)
Codemaroon
India