Multiple XK-1s

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Just copy the circuit used on the XC-1A.

octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

leon_heller wrote:Just copy the circuit used on the XC-1A.
This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I simply wanted to base a final product on XC-1A boards (by plugin my own board on it and package everything in a box). This would have let me avoid having stocks of XC-1A and having to do tests on this part.

Well, finally I took decision to make a full XC-1A clone with an onboard FTDI chip to allow onboard programming.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I just checked the XC-1A schematic, and it includes the FTDI chip.
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

Didn't the XC-5 board include both JTAG via FTDI and an XS1-L1 64? It disappeared from the XMOS site a while ago (obsoleted by the XK-1 I think), but its schematic could still provide a shortcut for users wanting to do what you're talking about doing. The big issue with the XC-5 IIRC was the extremely small number of output ports that were available, since it had a similar LED array to what's on the XC-1 and XC-1A.

Also, XTAG boards are still available with XC-2 purchases, though in all ways except USB to serial support the XTAG2 is superior (especially in terms of Mac OS support, I believe).
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

oups ...
sorry I'm a bit tired :cry:
I was meaning (in all my posts) XK-1 board.