site navigation

Archived group discussions. Please post all group discussions under their relevant XCore group page.
steven

Post by steven »

Also, regarding the user profile pictures: It'd be nice to be able to crop your pictures, or resize them to their original ratio with white borders, because they only get compressed (and make people look weird) right now...

Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Well i cropped my avatar to the right resolution in a graphics program.I had to cut away some parts of the picture since its hard to take a photo of your self spot on.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Basically if it is square, it will look fine at the moment.

If it is anything else, there is no advanced feature like on facebook where you can crop via a web interface just yet. Anyone know any modules to do this out of interest? Saves re-inventing the wheel. Upon a quick google there seem to be a few about... will have to look in to it.

If people need a quick fix for now and dont want to install something like Gimp (or dont have Photoshop etc) then try this: http://www.pixlr.com/editor/ and set the canvas size to 200px x 200px for optimal results.
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

The pictures could be a lot smaller. I'm not really interested in seeing every ones ugly mug "in my face", as it were, all the time:) Wastes a of of space on my screen.
mikef

Post by mikef »

Heater wrote:The pictures could be a lot smaller. I'm not really interested in seeing every ones ugly mug "in my face", as it were, all the time:) Wastes a of of space on my screen.
Agreed. I uploaded 100x100 pixels, seems about the right size....

-Fergs
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

Mikef. Yep, you are looking quite OK at 100*100.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Will update this on Monday.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

The Avatar size on forum posts should be a css parameter in order to cleanly separate design and code (so I'm told) ;-)