introduction

First time on the site? Say hello here!
aortiz557
Member++

introduction

Post by aortiz557 »

hello everyone, my name is Andres Ortiz, i live in Corpus Christi Texas, and i am currently 19 years old. I'm an undergraduate electrical engineering major, temporarily out of school, i should be back in next semester. I've been working with electronics since i was about 5 or so years old, started off with light bulbs and wire, now i work with microcontrollers and other fun toys :). I'm mostly self taught by need, i enjoy repairing my electronics around me not just to keep them running, but to learn the technology behind the devices i use in my everyday life. I was introduced to xmos with just the glance out of the corner of my eye, they had a contest where they gave out xc-1a dev boards. i've had my board for about 2 or 3 weeks now and it's been a blast learning all the ins and outs. i started out with a basic stamp 1 board, graduated to arduino, graduated to teensyduino, now i'm learning this :) next boards i plan on learning are the msp430, and lpcxpresso boards. I plan on learning as much as i can and giving as many libraries as i can to the community. i need to code as much as i can to learn, and in the process i hope to help other people. nice to meet you everybody, i hope i can contribute to this community!

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Welcome Andres! It'll be great to see what your next XMOS project is... :)
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Welcome Andres!

Looking forward to seeing how you progress with XMOS.
Brilldea

Post by Brilldea »

Andres -

It sounds like you got a long history with microcontrollers already. What will be your first software project for the community?
aortiz557
Member++

Post by aortiz557 »

why, the worst possible project possible :) an oscilloscope! i've been preparing for a long time now for a big project, so it's time to take the plunge. i have my materials for making my pcb's, various adc's to try, all sorts of glue logic, and a pile of discarded circuit boards to scrap from. this is probably going to take at least 2 more months of work before anything useful comes out of it, and maybe 2 more after that to refine it. but it incorporates fast digital logic, user interfaces, high bandwidth analog circuits, and large amounts of memory. so it should take me to my limits in every place. once i finish this i should be decently rounded, then i can work on even bigger projects!