XMOS dual core energy efficient L2 processor overview

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS dual core energy efficient L2 processor overview

Post by jason »

BxhaNkwKJE4

Recently XMOS released the dual core energy-efficient L2 processor.

The L2 is a general-purpose device ideally suited to a wide range of embedded applications and systems including audio DSP, USB peripherals, networked LED displays and robotic motor control. Integrate any of these functions without compromise to cost and power requirements.

View the video for more information.

lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Any cards comming up with the L2 chip to play around with - like a XK-2 card ??
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

An XS1-L2! Just glossed over port tables of all XS-1's and checked over all improvements in L series.
At 1st it threw me, G~Xlinks >< L~Xlinks, after some research I now understand the logic of the
switching matrix difference in the two series, or what the advantage of having two series with different compliance's make. It makes a lot of difference and sense. The L series tight Non~asymmetrical Xlinks. The G series tight asymmetrical Xlinks on a hyper switch. In a mini system design, like one of my cyclonic idea's, the G's would be the main core running on a CSP monitor and the L's could be set on the front end with a Meta monitor. I would rant on more complexly but thanks to Jesus, your saved from such nonsense. YES!, I like new L2 w/ G'zzz, please!, XK2~kit ASAP...

If I could build a decent mini system, I'll splurge for a hot-air re-flow gun and start cooking.
Can't wait to learn more as I review the new improvement's, looks like XMOS listens to its developers.
The L2 widens the band for the L series appended with other advancements, XMOS excellence.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

wow! great chip! thanks!

waiting for new devkits and for L-4!!!
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

L4! Yes but more likely there would be a 65nm G series line out first. The switch in the G4 multiplexes and muxes each core with XLinks and direct connects to the switch and off the chip. You will not find such a utilizable tight switch on many processors. For most, one would have to use AMBA or PIPE, fast with contingencies, extra latencies and extra heat with abstractions. I believe the L and G Chips be will the main paradigm in the XMOS product mix. It's important I think for businesses to be straight forward with a clean menu of choice. I remember when IBM ruled Apple and if your computer had a CD installed they renamed said product with a few numbers and maybe a letter or two, making a real whore out of the menu. Well, Jobs fixed that with "pro go wow". The G series would be a more worthy candidate for a super computer with a mass of cores than the L. If one where to put 16 XMOS cores in a chip I think every one would want that router in the G just to take advantage of all that DMA and other preliminary aspects of hyperspace. With the L and the G we have a full-house ; ) top to bottom. A student project became the catalyst for the driving inspiration behind XMOS, strange but probable more natural to creation, raw and conscientious.