XMOS Ipod Dock

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS Ipod Dock

Post by jason »

6-tFr4K9_I4

Quote from video comments:

"XMOS is a British semiconductor company, making the software programmable FPGA alike MCU, the example here is received the digital bit stream from iPod, using the DSP alike performance generate the SRS effect, output to speaker system."

jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:Quote from video comments:

"XMOS is a British semiconductor company, making the software programmable FPGA alike MCU, the example here is received the digital bit stream from iPod, using the DSP alike performance generate the SRS effect, output to speaker system."
Couldn't you have found a quote in English? ;-)
Bktero

Post by Bktero »

I have just started to look at this design and try to understand how it works. I started....yesterday. So it is really the beginning.

Already, I have two questions :

- is it normal if my iPod Touch, when I plug it in the dock, tells me that "this accessory is not recognized by this iPod" ? Is the dock incompatible with all iPods Touch or is it my iPod the problem ?

- is this design intended to work as a standalone application ? Or could it be the peripheral device of a larger system ? Can I control it with a micro-controller, by sending the dock simple command codes ?

Thank you for your answers :)
Bktero

Post by Bktero »

This doesn't really answer my question :)

By the way, my enterprise is a "Made for iPod" licensee and I have the source code of the design. And unfortunately I can't see anything telling me the dock can be used as a peripheral device in this source code :?
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Hi Bktero

If you think there is a problem with the XMOS iPod Dock firmware, please create a support ticket at http://www.xmos.com/support stating your iPod OS version, XMOS iPod Dock firmware version, XMOS Development Tools version (if used to compile firmware) and any more information you find relevant.

Simple commands are supported, some extended/accessory commands are not. If you'd like to discuss specific requirements, please state so in the support ticket.