Simulator Plugin API with GCC under Windows

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
octal
XCore Addict

Simulator Plugin API with GCC under Windows

Post by octal »

Hello,
I'm fighting with makefiles and GCC options under windows, but unfortunately I didn't succeed at compiling the Example plugin (in src folder) with GCC (mingw).
Did anyone succeeded at compiling it? (I **don't** want to compile it using VisualC++)

and btw, a question to XMOS team: is there any JNI (Java Native Interface) to this API ?

regards

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

Can you give details of any errors that you get?

Also... there are some example make files and plugins in source form - goto <11.2 tools install dir>/src

The windows one is all greek to me (I use a linux host)... The option I usually take in this situation is to use Cygwin and gcc to build the plugin. This means you can use the Unix make file.
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Hi Paul,
I finished up compiling the plugin on my MAC. On my PC I could do it with VC++ but I want to do it using GCC.

When I'll got a bit of free time, I'll try under Cygwin and let you know the results.