xflash: Error: F03040

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
mifay
Member++

xflash: Error: F03040

Post by mifay »

Hello,

I'm using an XMOS XK-1A and when I'm trying to execute a small uart program with xflash, I get the following error message :

Code: Select all

xflash: Error: F03040 Platform definition (XN) does not specify a boot SPI flash.
Error: F03074 Error extracting SPI port information.
I've looked around the forum for similar issues and noticed that I had to write my own .xn file according to my XMOS hardware. How can I do that?

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1669

did you solve this problem already?
That would be the first step before jumping to flashing
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

Bianco wrote:https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1669

did you solve this problem already?
That would be the first step before jumping to flashing
Oh, no worries, these are two different codes. The code I use with the xflash problem compiles perfectly and executes very well with the JTAG option. Sadly, it fails to execute with xflash.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

How exactly do you compile and flash?
Are you using the command line or the XDE?

There is a board support package for the XK-1A (contains the XN file).
But targeting XK-1 should be fine too (they use the same flash device according to the XN files)
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

Yes, I'm executing from the XDE : Project > Run As > Write to Flash Memory.

I tried to run the program with XK-1.xn and it seems to be working, thanks :) I was using the default XC-1.xn, which is incomplete for flashing.

By the way, any idea what the following warning means?

Warning: F03098 Factory image and boot loader cannot be write-protected on flash device on node "0".
I'm now getting this warning when flashing with XK-1.xn. Besides that, it's executing perfectly.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

mifay wrote:Yes, I'm executing from the XDE : Project > Run As > Write to Flash Memory.

I tried to run the program with XK-1.xn and it seems to be working, thanks :) I was using the default XC-1.xn, which is incomplete for flashing.

By the way, any idea what the following warning means?

Warning: F03098 Factory image and boot loader cannot be write-protected on flash device on node "0".
I'm now getting this warning when flashing with XK-1.xn. Besides that, it's executing perfectly.
You can ignore that warning. It just tells you that this flash device does not support write protected sections.

You shouldn't use the XC-1 target for your XK-1A board. The XC-1 has a quad-core XS1-G4 processor and the XK-1A has a single-core XS1-L1 processor. Stick to the XK-1 target :)