xrun: Number of cores in binary does not match the device

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

Hello,

I am executing the app_uart_test from the sc_uart 2.0 project on my XMOS XK-1A and I'm receiving this error message from XDE 11.2.2 :

Code: Select all

What's wrong?

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Are you sure that the project is targeted for a single L1 device?
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

I don't know but I didn't read such in the project README file. Also, what is an L1 device and what makes it different from the other devices?

Edit: nvm my last question, I got my answer in the XK-1A hardware manual.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

I assume it did not work because you made a XC-1 project and it is now working if you use the XK-1 as target?
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

Actually, I kept it as it was from the website. There were no .xn file in the project. However, I don't think running it as an XCore application rather than writing it in flash requires an .xn file, does it?

Sorry, I didn't specify that I was getting this error when executing the project as an XCore application.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

A description of your target platform (the XN file) is in all cases necessary.
However if you use the XMOS development boards or just a single chip system it is usually not necessary to write your own XN file, they are included in the tools.

The modules that you download from the website are not targeted to a specific platform, however when you create a new XDE project it is important to choose the right target, for the XK-1A board this would be the XK-1 (The XK-1A is a newer revision of the XK-1 but the XN file is exactly the same).

I would also like to point you to http://github.xcore.com/ which contains a lot of projects and usually more up to date code
mifay
Member++

Post by mifay »

Bianco wrote:A description of your target platform (the XN file) is in all cases necessary.
However if you use the XMOS development boards or just a single chip system it is usually not necessary to write your own XN file, they are included in the tools.

The modules that you download from the website are not targeted to a specific platform, however when you create a new XDE project it is important to choose the right target, for the XK-1A board this would be the XK-1 (The XK-1A is a newer revision of the XK-1 but the XN file is exactly the same).

I would also like to point you to http://github.xcore.com/ which contains a lot of projects and usually more up to date code

Thanks for the info

However, isn't the github/xcore code less stable than the code given in the official xmos website?

Also, I've added the .xn file and I still get the same error :/