11.11.0 Dev Tools Can't Find Hardware

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

XMatt wrote:If you clone this you will be able to get the linux installation supporting this combination, it basically is just what was described earlier in the thread.
i wiped out the previous XDE and tried the one posted. the results are the same.

Code: Select all

gravis@base:~/xmos/bin$ ./xrun -l
Cannot access device list
gravis@base:~/xmos/bin$ su
Password: 
base:/home/gravis/xmos/bin# ./xrun -l
base:/home/gravis/xmos/bin#
i also tried it with the ftdi_sio module removed and the results are the same.

XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

Have you sourced the SetEnv script from the tools? The "Cannot access device list" error occurs when it cannot find a symbol in a shared library?
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

XMatt wrote:Have you sourced the SetEnv script from the tools? The "Cannot access device list" error occurs when it cannot find a symbol in a shared library?
I resolved "Cannot access device list" error. It was pointing to an alternate installation that was messed up.
Also, I checked the environment vars and they were not being set correctly by the script. I pasted the script contents into the terminal and then the var were properly set. Now it actually says it cant find it.

Code: Select all

gravis@base:~$ env | grep -ic "/home/gravis/xmos"
gravis@base:~$ xrun -l

Available XMOS Devices
----------------------

No Available Devices Found

gravis@base:~$
the grep is just to show that the environment vars are set.
I ensured the device is plugged in, tried with 32 and 64 bit versions, kernel module ftdi_sio loaded and unloaded just to be sure.

ideas?
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

so i finally got my system working (thanks to pytey!) by following these instructions for Ubuntu/Debian in addition to the 32/64bit hybrid thing.

you XMOS guys should really package the 32bit tools that actually work in the 64bit archive. it would also be helpful if there was a Ubuntu/Debian package for each that actually handled the udev issue.

seriously, it shouldnt be a riddle to try to get the basic dev system to work. -_-
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

Gravis wrote:so i finally got my system working (thanks to pytey!) by following these instructions for Ubuntu/Debian in addition to the 32/64bit hybrid thing.

you XMOS guys should really package the 32bit tools that actually work in the 64bit archive. it would also be helpful if there was a Ubuntu/Debian package for each that actually handled the udev issue.

seriously, it shouldnt be a riddle to try to get the basic dev system to work. -_-
We are working to address the issues that supporting development boards based on the FTDI USB interface chips brings. These have caused a variety of issues on linux especially 64 bit, currently we rely on the FTDI produced interface library which we are working to remove from our tool chain distribution as it is closed source we can not fix any issues with it. Apologies for the inconvience caused here.
shyamkrish8iitm

Post by shyamkrish8iitm »

My development tools seems to work fine. But when I connect XC-1A board (only board I have) its not getting detected. Recently changed my OS to ubuntu 12.04. It was detecting in windows though.

Thanks