Error: cannot find 'xtimecomposer_bin/xtimecomposer.exe'

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Pedz

Error: cannot find 'xtimecomposer_bin/xtimecomposer.exe'

Post by Pedz »

Hi,

I'm new to the xmos development scene and have been working with the xtimecomposer program.

It has been running well for about a week, but now has come up with the following error when I try to run (in administrator mode):

Windows cannot find 'xtimecomposer_bin/xtimecomposer.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.

I have tried a reinstall of the program, including a secondary download and reinstall. This error only appears if I open in administrator mode, without it on, it just flashes the command prompt icon on the startbar, and closes down again.

I have checked that the xtimecomposer.exe file is there(and the name is correct), and I have tried to run it directly, however this still does not load any program, and comes with no error message.

Thanks,

XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

I have had a look into this and it appears this issue has always been there (in previous releases and 12.0) and that running IDE startup script as administrator seems to be broken. It looks like an issue in the batch file itself assuming the location in which the script will run (which changes in administrator mode). As a work around if you need to run as administrator you can run the command prompt link as admin and then type "xtimecomposer" on the command line.

I will look at fixing the script for inclusion in the next revision of the tools.