What would you like to see from XCore next year?

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Here are some of the updates I've been working on today:

Changes so far:
  • Made the text area wider
  • Made the text area font larger, so it is easier to see what you're writing.
  • Added some curves around text areas and buttons.
  • Submit / preview / cancel buttons shuffled around and are now larger.
  • Got rid of the "save" button as I have never seen it used.
  • Testing out some bbcodes of my own inspired by html tags for things.
Any suggestions on further improvements? Markdown editor just crashed my staging server so I'll try look for another way to try and do that.

phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

You may have noticed, that the posting form has now been updated!

I still need to add some bbcodes for common things, so it is best to see what people want the most, so let me know here.

For now I've added the subscript and [super]superscript[/super] font sizes, which should help to make posts clearer.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

phalt wrote:You may have noticed, that the posting form has now been updated!

I still need to add some bbcodes for common things, so it is best to see what people want the most, so let me know here.

For now I've added the subscript and [super]superscript[/super] font sizes, which should help to make posts clearer.
Hi Paul,

I am sorry to inform you that there is a misunderstanding with what i mean with sub- and superscript.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscript_and_superscript for what i mean. We basically need it to write I2C and I2S properly here :)
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Well I feel stupid. I even looked at that actual page two days ago *facepalm*
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

Bianco wrote:We basically need it to write I2C and I2S properly here :)
hmm... actually, it would be cool if i2c and i2s automagically made themselves capitalized and superscripted properly.

any reason to not have that?
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

Another thing: the "Tutorials" tab is a misnomer so change it to "Wiki," "Knowledge Base" or something but not "Tutorials." tutorials are hand holding but not everything there is like that, nor should it be. huge PDFs arent a great way to organize information nor are the current ones complete. info about the IDE is missing and void of information about using the resource system in assembly. there is much that the wiki could provide to help new and old users. the wiki needs a makeover anyway and having the guise of being just tutorials is not helping.
norman

Post by norman »

not sure it have been asked but - if possible - can the search box have option for results for project and forum and tutorial/wiki ?
I'm often navigated between project and forum and sometime tutorial but the choice is not handy.