SDIO driver

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Gravis
Experienced Member

SDIO driver

Post by Gravis »

i need to emulate a 4-bit SDIO slave device and i'm not sure where to start. has someone already written XC code for this? any help you can provide would be nice.

P.S. i'm using SDIO so i can do highspeed data transfers (SPI is NOT enough) to and from a pandaboard via expansion port.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Gravis

You might have trouble locating an unencumbered (opensource) version or for that matter re-engineering one avoiding their NDAs etc... What would be more useful is a XMOS LINK implementation on the ARM (pandaboard) side. especially if this could be more generic to work with other boards like Beagleboard, BeagleBone etc.. Then interfacing could be trivial using services/channels or such on the XS1 side.

regards
Al
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

Folknology wrote:You might have trouble locating an unencumbered (opensource) version or for that matter re-engineering one avoiding their NDAs etc...
i found one: http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=290

Folknology wrote:What would be more useful is a XMOS LINK implementation on the ARM (pandaboard) side. especially if this could be more generic to work with other boards like Beagleboard, BeagleBone etc.. Then interfacing could be trivial using services/channels or such on the XS1 side.
that would require writing a driver for the DMA controller on the pandaboard. the level of complexity is exponential compared to what i'm doing.