Today we reach a new milestone

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
jason
XCore Expert

Today we reach a new milestone

Post by jason »

Officially passed the 1,000 registered users mark! :D

I may have to release a parcel at some point this week to celebrate this.

Look out for it!

It will only be on for 24 hours from when I release it, but will be a low starting parcel, so goodies will go faster :-) get ready to pass it. Spread the word.

PS feel free to reply with things you are eying up that you would love to be in a parcel. You never know...

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

jason wrote:Officially passed the 1,000 registered users mark! :D

I may have to release a parcel at some point this week to celebrate this.

Look out for it!

It will only be on for 24 hours from when I release it, but will be a low starting parcel, so goodies will go faster :-) get ready to pass it. Spread the word.

PS feel free to reply with things you are eying up that you would love to be in a parcel. You never know...
Sounds very exciting... I cannot wait! :)

Everything in parcels so far has been mega great stuff, so I'd expect anything would be pretty cool!! Having said that most have been fairly expensive items which I'd imagine would not be possible for a high-yield parcel, so I'm thinking stuff like t-shirts, pin badges, etc, would be great :).

I know I'd love to get hold of anything not available on the XMOS site... A little "reward" for XCore users if you will; e.g., a limited run of the early bluetooth modules (if you had a small batch made would it be possible to do these at a low enough cost?). Something like that would be great... Being so exclusive it'd be priceless, in fact! :)

Well done XCore, for reaching this milestone. Not forgotting, of course, a well done to Jason who has clearly put a lot into these forums (and in my experience has been an all-round great guy to deal with). Finally, the great contributors to the community who make it worth sticking around for! I'll raise a glass to XCore!
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

I personally would like to see a grab bag of XMOS devices as a parcel... For those of us who make/are planning to make development boards from scratch...

I'm also sort of hoping to get an XC-1A some time from a parcel... I still don't quite feel comfortable forking out $100 for a development board from a company I have only heard of once. :)

Maybe you could have it so that when someone gets the parcel passed to them by the XCoreBot, it also sends them a private message telling them of the parcel. That might make the parcels go a little faster, and result in less bot passes and more person-to-person passing.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Vaati wrote:I'm also sort of hoping to get an XC-1A some time from a parcel...
Or XK-1 :D
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

Wow -- people are really passing this parcel! Does this mean I'm not the only one pressing "F5" on the homepage?
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Vaati wrote:Wow -- people are really passing this parcel! Does this mean I'm not the only one pressing "F5" on the homepage?
From what I saw, most of the passages were done by the XBot ... so I think most of connected people appears online just cause their PC are still ON and/or IE is ttill on !
nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

hi vaati, you have parcel, pass it fast, good luck all :D
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

!!!! Within about 4 minutes, the parcel was passed 7 times...

This is a fine way to keep me from getting too distracted while evaluating limits and finding discontinuities for my calculus assignments... :mrgreen:
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Vaati wrote:!!!! Within about 4 minutes, the parcel was passed 7 times...

This is a fine way to keep me from getting too distracted while evaluating limits and finding discontinuities for my calculus assignments... :mrgreen:
lol :D
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Hi Jason,
Why 1000 ??? I expected that you'll propose something only when we reach 1024 (something like magic numbers on your twitter :lol: ) !!!