Site Bugs/Improvements

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

in "Board Index" follow to bottom, observe "Who is online", click on any user online - you will reach user's forum profile, not user's "unified" profile, just a small detail which is easy to fix (hope).

otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

it would be nice to attach images in group posts.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Has anyone found a better way to break paragraphs in group/project comments than using this kind of thing?

Code: Select all

Paragraph 1.
<em>&nbsp;</em>
Paragraph 2.
johanar

Post by johanar »

jonathan wrote:Has anyone found a better way to break paragraphs in group/project comments than using this kind of thing?
I think Jason fixed that a few days ago. Try reloading the page (might need shift-f5 depending on your browser) or editing and saving the post.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Really? Didn't work for me...
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

You need to use <p> </p> tags I believe, and yes you will need to press CTRL F5 to get the latest CSS if your browser has cached it.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

otitov wrote:in "Board Index" follow to bottom, observe "Who is online", click on any user online - you will reach user's forum profile, not user's "unified" profile, just a small detail which is easy to fix (hope).

I am aware of this bug - it is a little more complicated to change this than first thought without changing PHPbb core code - which is bad because every time there is a new release of phpbb, it will potentially change or get overwritten.

The current templating system in PHPbb allows you to print out a variable eg "online_users" but that variable is generated in the phpbb core code - not the templating side of things.

Also to make matters more interesting, the phpbb templating system uses html files i.e. no PHP so I cant just edit this variable and inject new paths into all the hrefs... ANNOYING. However I am looking for an elegant way to solve this... so watch this space.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

otitov wrote:it would be nice to attach images in group posts.
You now can! Huzzah!
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:I am aware of this bug - it is a little more complicated to change this than first thought without changing PHPbb core code - which is bad because every time there is a new release of phpbb, it will potentially change or get overwritten.
Should be easy with version control software? Just keep a branch of the offending files and merge them after each phpBB update?
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

It is still bad practice. I need to look into writing PHPbb modules when I have a spare moment. I am sure there will be other changes in the future that will need similar treatment.