this looks very similar to XK-1, isn't it?

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

so no one liked the "illiminato-X-Machina", right?

well ..i find the name is quite stupid!

is it meant for anything serious anyway? and has X anything to do with Xmos? ..hm, may someone was taking the piss of the XK1 idea actually? ..you know this internal kindda humour?

otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

i speak Morse code! i am certifier radio amateur! i can do that!

ok, the LED will transmit the VU reading in Morse code ant the color will reflect the mood!
johanar

Post by johanar »

otitov wrote:it would be nice, but how to implement peak indication?
Or you could interlace it, so it alternates between current value and peak :)

Similar to VU meter, it could also be used for CPU load indication. Or general status/debugging. Or just for decoration.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

@johanar for CPU load indication i prefer an old-style microampermeter! (also with USB interface)! (or Bellaminette grrrl)

@errordeveloper "illiminato-X-Machina" runs D'Vinchi code, right? :lol:

Recently I was looking at (most) complete Adruino clone's names list... It's quite long! And colorfull!

I might be wrong but some months ago, must be last year, I saw a video on hackaday about this machine - it was able to re-program other nodes, so the idea and the platform must be academically funny and interesting for some R&D, for robotic, group behavior, map sharing, etc...

If I remember right and actually I saw that machine's video last year it was definitely before an XK-1 announcement, so I can assume it has nothing to do with Xmos, but who really knows?

p.s. I love internal kindda humour
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

I'm LMAO...