wiki is what I want!!!

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
otitov
XCore Addict

wiki is what I want!!!

Post by otitov »

guys, please give us a wiki here!!!

wiki.xcore.com would be nice!

and a wiki for each project is registered here, like wiki.xcore.com/Projects/ProjectName

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Will add it to my ever growing list of wants!

Possibly in the future, but this probably wont be possible until a phase 2 or 3 release of the site as there would be a fair bit of integration to be done.

Your suggestion has been noted though!
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

thanks!

p.s. could we see a roadmap? ;)
nagmier
Member++

Post by nagmier »

I'll throw a 2 thumbs up on this (both the wiki and the roadmap).
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Count me for wiki and road map +1
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

yes to the wiki :)
nagmier
Member++

Post by nagmier »

Well Jason I'm thinking your going to be stuck with integrating a wiki lol... :D
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I need to look into this when I get back from holiday. Especially with shared authentication, integration with projects and such.

Still updating a few other things as you may have noticed already - forum images and names now link to your drupal profiles, member list goes to the proper "find other professionals" form, forum image size has been reduced as requested, rss, twitter, linkedin, style fixes etc etc. We are getting there!

Thanks for everyone's feedback thus far, as with any first release of a site, there are always a couple of rough edges to smooth off, but it is shaping up nicely.
nisma

Post by nisma »

I think, the possibility of sharing asm code, for optimisation, or better discuss code and so is very important. By the way, what is the official forum of Xmos, what will be dropped or maybe there is intended a distinction between hobby and professional users ?
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

nisma wrote:I think, the possibility of sharing asm code, for optimisation, or better discuss code and so is very important. By the way, what is the official forum of Xmos, what will be dropped or maybe there is intended a distinction between hobby and professional users ?
Thanks for the feedback. How do you recommend we make it easier to share and discuss assembler or code? I'm not sure what kind of thing you mean... Can you give us some examples.

This is the official forum. There is no intention to divide people - as has been correctly pointed out, some professional users are hobbyists in their spare time and some hobbyists come up with world-changing ideas.

If our community wants to divide itself, the option is still open. It does appear most users are comfortable on this new site - we will continue to keep an eye on developments.