Hi I'm Folknology AKA Al Wood

First time on the site? Say hello here!
Folknology
XCore Legend

Hi I'm Folknology AKA Al Wood

Post by Folknology »

You may not have known me from the older linkers group as I only recently joined after a long term of lurking, sorry!

I have spent quite a bit of time over the last 12-18 months researching new technologies to work on freelancing and in my business. XMOS is a big part of that story moving forward and I'm looking forward to sharing that with you guys at XCore.

I may also have some other interesting alternate experience that may be useful having spent several years working in more obscure programming languages such as Erlang/OTP, in particular working with Erlang's concurrency and reliability.

I am interested in using XMOS both in the embedded space and opensource hardware space, in particular I am interested in building libraries/modules and designs for DSP functionality in place of more complex FPGA design routes.

So watch this space I will be putting up projects in the new year to share my work with you.

Please just ask if I can help with anything.

regards
Al

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Hello Folknology!

Great to see you on XCore Exchange! I am glad the new site persuaded you to come out of your lurking! ;-)

From what you have said regarding your interests and such, this site could work out very well for you!

I suggest you check out the XMOS business sub forum, which could be of interest! We would love to hear from people interested in starting up business that utilises XMOS technology, do let us know how it goes.

Once again, welcome to the new site!