Hello, I'm LyleHaze from Virginia, USA

First time on the site? Say hello here!
LyleHaze
Experienced Member

Hello, I'm LyleHaze from Virginia, USA

Post by LyleHaze »

This is going to be a lot of fun.
My professional background includes Controls, Automation and industrial robotics. (I'm looking for work if it's near Norfolk!)
My personal hobbies include MIDI toys (hardware and software), Electronics design, PIC processors, and mostly writing software for AmigaOS computers.
And that's how I got here. The newest Amiga computer is called the "AmigaOne X-1000", and the X designates an XCore already on the motherboard. So we have this XS1-L2 already built in. It's set up with a local bus to the processor, and an extra slot on the board that will allow more XCores to be added to the XTAG loop.
So for smaller projects we can use the XS1-L2 directly, and for bigger projects we'll probably add more cores and use the built-in one to handle I/O with the main CPU.
What's it for? Nobody is quite sure yet. What would YOU do with an XCore on your MB?

I'm here to get support started. With help I've been able to get XTAG working direct from a PLD on board, so we can play without any USB programmers needed. I'll be spending some time now figuring out how to get projects compiled and delivered to the XCore. We don't have XDE for Amiga, and probably won't anytime soon, so I'll be going the "long way around" for some stuff.
Soon I'll release the first release of XTAG software to the AmigaOS community. It's a safe bet you'll see more of us around after that.

Looking forward to the new adventure,
LyleHaze

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Hi LyleHaze.
Welcome to Xcore.
The AmigaOne certainly didn't go unnoticed on Xcore.
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Hey LyleHaze, welcome to XCore!