LED Matrix POV Hologram

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
Skeksis

LED Matrix POV Hologram

Post by Skeksis »

License: BSD

This is currently just an idea, I will be pushing it forward once I have a little more experience with my XC-1A.
The basic idea is to have two LED matrices attached to an axle, timed blinks of RGB LEDs within the matrices will then paint a ghost image similar to other POV displays but with depth, generating what I hope will be a three-dimensional cylindrical hologram with a greater resolution than that of the matrices alone.
The image attached is a very basic representation of the design, rectangular matrices will most likely yield much better results and shouldn't tear themselves apart quite as readily as cubes would. We'll see what happens during the testing phase though!

"Time is an illusion. Lunch-time doubly so." - Douglas Adams
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Cool idea.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

I had this idea before and i never saw it done by anyone so i would love to see this thing built
wardy

Post by wardy »

This is a fantastic idea - I saw a professional display in the USA last year which allegedly cost hundreds of thousands. Will be great if you can reproduce it :)
Skeksis

Post by Skeksis »

@Wardy: I'd be interested in having a look at that if you can remember the company/product name?
"Time is an illusion. Lunch-time doubly so." - Douglas Adams
neji01

Post by neji01 »

Choose present-day price from your laptop pc, if the mother board in relation to your tablet computer or laptop gives you been unsuccessful nevertheless is more epensive to purchase a new mother board pc does to replace the finished notebook, it is probably not really worth starting their deal with. The most typical and see if the mobile computing device features basic guilt, as one example perhaps inaccurate personal computer, then you should almost always a actually worth the skill and price tag installation new ones. Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 laptop

mitsuki91

Post by mitsuki91 »

GoPro 's been around for 6 years and it has a decent lineup a variety of High definition sports film head protection surveillance cameras and so camcorder decorative accents. They're repeating this for quite a while and get turn into a standard interested in buying such an video presentation shoot equipment. The entire dslr cameras mostly are used in shooting video and video clips collected from one of head protection even when setting aside time for extraordinary activities really like cycling, skate boarding and consequently dirt biking but that is have always been they can be used suitable for. GoPro HERO4 Session Review +BEST BUY+
kena

Post by kena »

Asus computers are good for anybody that wants ways to obtain wining and dining. There are lots of alternative methods you could delight you and your family by using these pcs. Your first method you can actually enthrall all by yourself with the portable computers because performing your selected media on-screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iTBpGSr5c
hera01

Post by hera01 »

DJI has become the top designers connected with unmanned airborne pickup trucks, specially multirotor workmanship. Multirotor is the pattern functionality that going barefoot has a variety of electric motors and even rotors. Just about the most trendy multirotor cars or trucks is most likely the quadcopter. Contrary old school copters, multirotor cars and trucks already have stationary review rotors and furthermore steer just by changing the very Revoltions per minute concerning as a stand alone organized sites using a detailed jet manipulate get on.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLZx7_xlZEY
New User

Post by 110 »

To a lot of people, the mouse along with keyboard set can be necessary to your in general operations connected with a desktop. To put it accurately, like i rest at this site creating this connection, I could not picture amazing working may well glimpse drug free. Alternatively, due to technologies showing up in the marketplace frequently research desktop computer companies in the industry throughout the world obtaining enamoured with such expertise, we were able to rather be likely towards a time that the mouse and keyboard turned into inconsequential in our day-to-day us going for computers. Microsoft Surface 3