Invalid project path: Include path not found?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi Gordon,
Yes, you will get warnings but it should build correctly and the tail of the output should be as per above.
I can import an extracted zip (your method), import direct from a zip (my preferred method) or just extract the zip and build on the command line.
All methods give exactly the same results, shown above.
Best,
John

Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

John,

I think I did it... I created a new workspace called xNewer. I put the 6.15.2 zip file in that folder. I directed xTime to the xNewer workspace. Then import archive selected the 6.15.2 zip file. I deselected all the app's except for app_usb_aud_l1 and then let it rip. Did a clean and for the first time in 5 months I had a clean build no errors, no warnings.

I then created a new workspace with my project in it and copied my existing work into that. I directed xTime to the new work space with existing project. I then copied 6.15.2 zip file into that workspace folder and then imported existing and deselected all the apps and it imported all the modules into that workspace. I did a clean and no errors, 7 warnings as I am using the XU208 48 pin part so the single ports buried came out as not connected to a pin.

I looked at main.xc and I have a small concern as the compiler could not find xud.h.... and it did not give me a warning for that??

Ok maybe not ok.... same problem with devicedefines.h and customdefines.h. It appears that all the files can see devicedefines.h now.... but none of them can find customdefines.h

~~~

I know how to fix that problem.... copied the customdefines.h into module_usb_audio.

Think I am getting somewhere!

Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

John,

Well I wish it was all good news. I was crashing on the fork in main.xc for the endpoint0 call because the dfuInterface was NULL. I had it disabled and so it crashes and it looks like some parts of the modules think it's disabled and others think it is. Just opened audio.xc and see that it cannot find dfu_interface.h

Well for the sake of not wasting more time I enabled it. I got a little further. But when I debug using the JTAG as always I see red status messages in the debug compile that flash by too quick to see. I also see them when I am jut compiling, either way the program is crashing in places where it's just basic stuff.

So I am looking around at the basic USB stuff and pull up descriptors.h as I have a custom serial number string and the damn file cannot find FIVE of the main include files:
#include "usbaudio20.h" /* Defines from the USB Audio 2.0 Specifications */
#include "usbaudiocommon.h"
#include "usb_std_descriptors.h"
#include "usbaudio20.h" /* Defines from USB Audio 2.0 spec */
#include "usb_defs.h"

In endpoint0.c I find the following include files not found:
#include "usb_std_requests.h"
#include "usbaudio20.h" /* Defines from USB Audio 2.0 spec */
#include "usb_device.h" /* Standard descriptor requests */
#include "dfu_types.h"

All of which I would assume to be pretty critical of a UAC app.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi Gordon,
I'm out of the office for the next few days, visiting customers, so I can't look into this now.
As per your previous problem, please can you follow the instructions in the USB Audio Design guide because the USB Audio software is well used and tested so there shouldn't be any problems.
Best regards,
John
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

John,

Just a quick update... things are working better. For the first time since July I was able to connect high speed USB and the descriptors look correct. I need to work on my board code before I can actually get audio out of this.

Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

John,
It appears as though this is working now. Thanks for the suggestion for the zip thing that was the ticket. Not sure why pre-July that worked unless something got broken.
Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.