bug in XDE

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
otitov
XCore Addict

bug in XDE

Post by otitov »

I use XDE 9.9.2 on WindowsXP SP3 with XC-2 dev board.

Open any project, made any changes in XC code, save.

Click on "Run As..." icon, in modal window select "XCore Application", observe compilation process, observe error window with following message:
Launch configuration GPSAlma.xe at I:\XMOS\Projects\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\GPSAlma.xe.launch does not exist.
Press "Run As..." again, select "XCore Application" - observe the application is loaded to dev board.

I would expect that from first "Run As..." the application will be loaded in to dev board.

Andy
Respected Member

Post by Andy »

I've noticed this as well... I think it is due to the fact that there is no default run configuration setup for new projects, so you get an error when you try to run for the first time. I always remember to do a "Run As..." "XCore Application" first like you mention as this seems to generate a configuration.
mike
Member++

Post by mike »

Thanks, this was a known issue and will be fixed in the next release of the tools.

Mike
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

one more thing: i am compiling tcp/ip stack v.1.2. i have defined in Project | Properties | C/XC Build | Environment | variable FIRMWIRE set to 1 ( i want to get default firmware for XC-2).

now i want to get demo for this board, so i change FIRMWARE to 0. pressing on Build icon brings new window where dependencies checked but no any actual compilation process started.

i do know that i can run "clean" and "build", but is it possible to make this automatic?