Lauching XDE leads to a JRE error

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Bktero

Lauching XDE leads to a JRE error

Post by Bktero »

Hello !

I have been trying for one hour to install the XMOS Development tool and still cannot solve my problem by myself. So, I come here to try to get a piece of help :oops:

What did I do ?
1) I got there : https://www.xmos.com/technology/design-tools
2) I downloaded the Windows version, since I use Windows XP Pro with SP3.
3) I installed it and I used the shortcut that was automatically put on my desktop.
4) Then I got the following error message in a small windows:
A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Xde. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
C:\Program Files\XMOS\DesktopTools\10.4/xde_bin\jre\bin\javaw.exe
javaw.exe in your current PATH
Yes... That right there is no jre folder in the xde_bin folder so it cannot find Java there. But Java is already installed on my computer (and since a long time ! By the way, Java asked me to update just after installing XMOS tools :lol: ). And since it is already installed, it does not let me install it another time in the "correct" folder.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix the problem please ?

Thank you in advance ! ;)

PS : the prompt tool can launch. Uninstall and install again does not change anything.

lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Have you installed the 32-bit JAVA version. Trying to run the 64-bit JAVA results in strange things.
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
Bktero

Post by Bktero »

I suppose it was a 32bit version. But since I was not the one who installed it I cannot tell you for sure.

I have just got it working ! I uninstall everything : both Java and Xmos Dev Tools. Then I downloaded everything, checking for Java 32bit version as you told me to. I installed everything, putting Java exactly where Xde wants it to be. And it works....

Wooo... It was hard just to install the dev tool ! :ugeek:
OMG... What will it be to make my program then ? :lol:

Thank you, have a nice day ;)