Problem Trying To Access Examples, from within xTIMEcomposer

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
perra_e
New User

Post by perra_e »

Same here again. Reinstalled but stillconnection fail.
Get libraries via Git from xmos github works.

--Per

Claoo

Post by Claoo »

Hi guys, I have the same problem on windows 10 64bit edition. I installed on 32 bit jre. I delete cache(but was empty any ways) I re installed but the problem does't disappear, and is my first time when I work in this environment so I'm noob. but I have lot of experience with eclipse and c. So I wait for suggestion. Thank You!
sparcules
New User

Post by sparcules »

I also have the same problem: "Connection to https://www.xmos.com failed".
I just recently installed xTIMExomposer and am trying to get setup and familiarize myself with the software.
I tried to delete the cash but the folder was empty.
Cycled through Online and Offline modes and Refresh several times but no success.
Same problem with libraries and examples.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it does not ask for the login.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

dahoma - You will need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other way to change your login details.

For everyone else on the thread, the suggestion to reinstall was just for dahoma after he changed his login details.

I have reported the problems to the appropriate team at XMOS.

Best regards,
John
bear118

Post by bear118 »

johned wrote:This issue is usually caused when something is corrupted in the xTIMEcomposer cache.
The solution is to delete the contents of the cache and restart xTIMEcomposer.
The cache directory within Windows is located at
C:\Users\{username}\.xmos\cache\
johned,
I tried your method, unsuccessful, the problem is still there.
bear118

Post by bear118 »

I also have the same problem: "Connection to https://www.xmos.com failed".
I just recently installed xTIMExomposer and am trying to get setup and familiarize myself with the software.
I tried to delete the cash but the folder was empty.
Cycled through Online and Offline modes and Refresh several times but no success.
Same problem with libraries and examples.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it does not ask for the login.

Thanks
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Thanks bear118.

This problem is proving very difficult to replicate because it seems to be very specific to certain Windows computers.
Myself and several colleagues have tried to replicate but so far with no luck. We are continuing to try.

Please could someone who is experiencing this problem run the following command and upload the results :

Code: Select all

xtimecomposer.exe -nosplash -vmargs -Dcom.xmos.devcolumn.core/debug=true -Dcom.xmos.xsoftip.ui/debug=true -Dcom.xmos.libs.core.Logger.File=debug.log > debugop.log 2>&1
Best,
John
bear118

Post by bear118 »

johned wrote:Thanks bear118.

This problem is proving very difficult to replicate because it seems to be very specific to certain Windows computers.
Myself and several colleagues have tried to replicate but so far with no luck. We are continuing to try.

Please could someone who is experiencing this problem run the following command and upload the results :

Code: Select all

xtimecomposer.exe -nosplash -vmargs -Dcom.xmos.devcolumn.core/debug=true -Dcom.xmos.xsoftip.ui/debug=true -Dcom.xmos.libs.core.Logger.File=debug.log > debugop.log 2>&1
Best,
John
I tried win7x64, There is also this problem.
The first time you log in, you can see all the libraries, double-click on a library, prompt you that you can't download it, then something goes wrong, refresh will never see all the libraries again.
Maybe it's a bug with your account system.
bear118

Post by bear118 »

Maybe it's a bug with your account system.
or This option "Disable security certificate checking " does not work.
huw
Member++

Post by huw »

Hello bear118,

Please can you run xTIMEcomposer from the command line, using the code johned posted above, and post the log file here. The output should give us an indication of what's causing the problem.

Thanks,

Huw