More help with Channels, trying to send tokens both ways

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
bearcat
Respected Member

More help with Channels, trying to send tokens both ways

Post by bearcat »

All, I am still not successfully been able to send control tokens across a channel in both directions. 2 L1's with a single XLINK between them. Here's my setup:

Single Streaming Channel:
Core 0 - May send three different custom application tokens (0x20-0x24) / data word. Then send two words.
Core 1 - Process tokens / data word, then receives above and returns 2 words.

The above works great. Core 0 can send tokens and data and Core 1 return data all day long. But now I need to occasionally send tokens back to Core 0 for special data. I do not have enough bandwidth to always send extra words, nor can I use a second channel since I only have a single link.
When I take the same code and replicate on the other core, I get an "illegal resource" trap on Core 0 just after processing a control token / data pair from Core 1. Everything works before sending the token from Core 1 to 0. The same code works from 0 to 1, but traps from 1 to 0. Here's a code snipet for the receive token code:

Code: Select all

if (stestct(c_couple))
        {
            switch(sinct(c_couple))
            {
                case DSP_CT_FREQ :
                    break;
         }
        c_couple :> temp; <-Traps here on Core 0
Any comments or suggestions?

bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

Well, to answer my own post. My code snippet was not compete enough for the answer. Will post more complete code next time.

Well, I now know that XC will use the data type of the input variable to determine how many bytes to input from a channel using the :> operator. I had declared a short as the input variable for later processing as a short. But that causes only 2 bytes to be input, instead of the expected 4.

Working now.