INstalled Xcore xtime composer Access denied how to reset??

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
mubase
New User

INstalled Xcore xtime composer Access denied how to reset??

Post by mubase »

Hi. I have just installed Xtime composer but when asked for my user name and password, I entered them ( the ones for the main site) and they weren't accepted. How can I reset and get into the program??
I tried uninstalling the program and re-installing but it still say access denied??
What is going on??

kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

Hi mubase,

Assuming that you have an internet connection, i.e. can access www.xmos.com from a browser, then it's my guess that there is something blocking the tool in your system, i.e. proxy server, firewall, anti-virus program etc. Could this be the case? If not, then please enter a support request and we will make sure you get going. You can do this by logging into xmos.com and going to 'My XMOS'->'Support Tickets'.

Cheers,
Kris.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

I have problem as well with that. I have installed composer 12.2.2 on a laptop + 2 desktops, an I have problem with this on at least 2 of 3 computers using different routers/IP networks etc.

I did some copy and paste from Lastpass regarding the username and password, and I might have pasted something wrong.

The third time I installed the software I started with a login on xmos.com to assure that I used the correct password.

Now I get
Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page.
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

lilltroll wrote:I have problem as well with that. I have installed composer 12.2.2 on a laptop + 2 desktops, an I have problem with this on at least 2 of 3 computers using different routers/IP networks etc.
Same here. This doesn's seem to be an authorization issue though. If I go into an online help page you can actually see that I'm logged in. It seems to apply to the first page that's supposed to be loaded on startup.

I also got this issue with all update notifications from xTimeComposer (both 12.1 and 12.2). When I actually click on the notification a browser opens with the same message.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I get this as well!
Lele

Post by Lele »

Me too after installing 12.2.0
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I'm using Win 7 x64, with 12.2.0.
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

Both W7 x64 and ubuntu 12.10 x64.
I'm not behind any proxy.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Same here: I'm using Win 7 x64, with 12.2.0.