VCD Viewer crash

Non-technical related questions should go here.
Berni
Respected Member

VCD Viewer crash

Post by Berni »

When i open a VCD file all i get is this error window. So i downloaded and installed the newest 9.9.1 tools and no difference, then i downloaded and reinstalled java and still no go. Nothing seams to help. I am using windows 7 pro but i remember looking at simulated vcd files before.(Was on still Win7 RC1 tho)

Any sugestions on how to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

i just downloaded 9.9.2. have you tried it?
kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

Appologies for the long delay. How are you opening the vcd file. i.e. are you trying to open it by double clicking on the file from within the project explorer, or maybe using the file->open menu option? If it is the latter, then this could be the reason that you are seeing this error. This is a known bug and should be resolved for the next release. However, opening the vcd file via the project explorer, or by switching to the waveform perspective and using the open button in the signals view should both be working ok. Let me know if you have any trouble with these.

Cheers,
Kris.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Yeah thats how i later got it to open up, but it was some frustration before i found out the separate waveform viewer works.