How to get more than 10 posts per page?

Non-technical related questions should go here.
The_RB

How to get more than 10 posts per page?

Post by The_RB »

I had a quick look in my edit profile but there didn't seem to be an option to set the number of posts per page?

It would be nice to have a lot more posts per page (like 50) so poor people on the other side of the Pacific with slow internet (ie me!) don't have to load as many pages. :D

jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

The_RB wrote:I had a quick look in my edit profile but there didn't seem to be an option to set the number of posts per page?

It would be nice to have a lot more posts per page (like 50) so poor people on the other side of the Pacific with slow internet (ie me!) don't have to load as many pages. :D
I think this is just a forum setting (it would "make sense" to have it on a per-user basis but I'm not sure phpBB is that clever - would involve making things like the number of pages of a topic set on a per-user basis). The thing is it's tricky getting it right for everyone. I don't want 50 posts per page - when browsing on my mobile I only want the last 5-6 posts and don't want to wait for tonnes to load. I think we'll need to find a compromise; I do agree 10 is a bit small - probably the forum default.
The_RB

Post by The_RB »

Thanks Jonathan. I've seen other forums (which I think are also phpBB) have it as a setting in the user settings; 10, 20 and 40 seem to be standard.

It's no big deal, I'm sure as the forum grows there will probably features added like thread length and page colour etc.