PCB Footprints

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
TonyD
XCore Addict

PCB Footprints

Post by TonyD »

The XS1 L1 64-pin has a Eagle component in the latest Sparkfun Eagle library (3rd November 2009) at opencircuits.com.

If anyone has any other XMOS PCB footprints please add them to this thread.

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

I'm halfway through creating an Eagle library for the 128TQFP part but the datasheet doesn't have an example landing pattern.

Does anyone know of a 0.4mm pitch 128TQFP package already in an Eable lib?

[Edit - never mind, found one.]
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

Here's a project I created. I've only got the XS1-L1-128TQFP in there currently and I doubt I'll add the BGA parts - doesn't make sense for most Eagle users.

http://xcore.com/projects/eagle-libraries
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

@sjalloq Oh that will be handy I have already been playing around with a design using the L1-64TQFP in the Sparkfun library, a L1-128TQFP would be really useful for some other projects.

Make sure you double check the landing patterns that come with Eagle however, I have seen issues before where folks have reused library parts in the Eagle libraries only to find they have mistakes. I now always do a hi res paper print out first and match it with the part in question with a decent magnifier. If you don't have the part, you could post it here for someone (or many others) that has the part to give it a once over.

regards
Al
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I'm working on a Pulsonix footprint for the forthcoming XS2-L1 124QFN. The basic footprint is completed, but I need to calculate the optimum size for the pads, and add the fiducials.

Leon
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

Al,

if you have the printer then feel free to download the library and try it. I breifly checked the pad sizes and they seemed to be fine.

Out of interest, how do you print the package detail from Eagle?

Shareef.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Not sure if you can print the package detail directly, but you can create a Faux part and place it on a test pattern pcb which can then be printed.

I would try it by I have 2 probs:
1) Am waiting for my replacement printer to arrive (presumed lost in the UK snow)..
2) I don't have l1 128TQFN chip to compare it again.

I am likely to create the L2 124QFN part footprints for Eagle this w/end and will add it to your library.

Perhaps you should also consider creating a github Opensource repository (www.github.com its free for OS projects) to house the library and any associated files. That enables the library to be forked and modified as well as allowing you to merge the changes simply. then on a revision you can post it back to the XCoreExchange project page. You should also add a BSD like license to make usage clear and simple.

It would be a good idea to use a Tag on github to identify XCore based projects - maybe use the 'XEOS' as the tag see - http://xcore.com/groups/opensource-group

P.S. if you need any help setting it up let me know

regards
Al
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Folknology wrote:I am likely to create the L2 124QFN part footprints for Eagle this w/end and will add it to your library.
That will be great. If we can get an Eagle library with L1 64TQFP, L1 128TQFP and L2 124QFN I'll convert them into a EasyPClibrary as well.

Here's a thought, how easy would it be for someone who uses EagleCAD to capture the XC-1, XC-2 and XK-1 board outlines to a Eagle component?
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Here is my footprint for the XS1-L2-124QFN:

http://www.leonheller.com/XMOS/XS1-L2-124QFN%20(BO).gif

It took some time to get the breakouts correct. Tracks are 0.15 mm and vias are 0.45 mm dia. with 0.25 mm holes. Boards are likely to be fairly expensive with those parameters. Double-sided boards should be feasible, though.

I need to adjust the QFN pad sizes.

Leon