Interest in an analog/digital stackable dev board?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

If I produced 100, the price of production would be $30 each, not including actual component cost.

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

I quite like these boards. How do they communicate? I am assuming a daisy chain of XMOS-Links?

Also, you have sensors in - is there some kind of companion boards to get stuff out - or is this all done through the stacking connector (so for example I could put some motor control electronics to make motors respond to the ADC inputs- a la robots).
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Yes, they are chained 2W links.

Once I have modified the board, each will have some digital outputs (>16).
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

I was looking at AD converters as well.

I need at least 16 bit in (with noise shaping, balanced with PGA,
At least 16 bit out ~ 1-2V RMS max.

I need twice the amount of inputs compared to the outputs, but I only need speeds below 1 Msps.

So I was thinking of using the L2 if I had say 8 in and 4 out, a L1 will only be able to process 4 in and 2 out I guess (heavy filtering). But I like the modular stuff, so the system can be sized with the needed amount of in/out.

But in general it is very close to your stuff, and I found converters from AD that was very interesting to use.
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Interesting- that is very close to my design specs. 2 in for 1 out, but 10 bit (I went with 12, cause why not ;) )
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Audio control has some higher need for good SNR compared to for an example electrial engine controls.

I would need batches of 100 "system" that is n*100 deepening on the amount of L1s on each.

The thing is that the minimum configuration is typical 7 input.

I must confirm that the 2W is fast enough for me. Today I use G4:s, and that switch has high bandwidth internally.
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.