daisy-chain reference design with low-cost AVB endpoint

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
pierrelelievre

daisy-chain reference design with low-cost AVB endpoint

Post by pierrelelievre »

Hi, I have successfully flashed the DC reference design to the slice-kit, I can see that there is activity on both Ethernet slice but not on each of the AVB boards that are connected to them Those boards each contain a working AVB reference design that have been tested in face to face.

The quick start guide explain how to make it work with a mac, and suggest to connect an audio slice XA-SK-AUDIO-PLL.

I don't see what difference it would make to use it with other Endpoints, and the on line video also suggest so.

my question are:

Can I daisy chain the two AVB boards without using this audio slice (or a PLL)? I understand that the PLL are for audio applications, but we are just trying to get a stream through.

If not, is the XA-SK-AUDIO-PLL now available? It's not very clear, and an older post on this forum was mentionning that it was not yet released to the public.

Any suggestion what I could change in the code to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

If you set your MAC machine as an endpoint and transmit Audio stream, you should be able to receive and monitor Audio streams in the other endpoints (sliceKITs) even without connecting Audio PLL slices.

Sethu.
pierrelelievre

Post by pierrelelievre »

Thanks much Sethu! I can, and I will get to do some troubleshooting on a mac, but still, an AVB stream shouldn't differ that much depending on where it's coming from right? So if i'm trying to daisy chain it from the XMOS low-cost board, to an other one? I don't expect a super specific answer, but, maybe, what 's the main issue with that so I can work it out.
Thanks
Pierre
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

Hi there, is there anyone who could tell me how to send audio from the slicekit's audio input fifos to the remote endpoints by modifying the daisy chain 2 port AVB build? I basically am working with the daisy chain as a base for some 2 port AVB build