DOA Transmission

Voice related projects and technical discussions
Bisonhwk

DOA Transmission

Post by Bisonhwk »

Hey,

I'm currently looking at the VocalFusion speaker and familiarizing myself with the code base, and was wondering if there was sample code demonstrating how to send data through the USB to the host machine. Ideally speaking I would want to send the DOA computed by the board to the machine continuously without any query from the host and am not sure if it is possible while also streaming audio. I know that sending over the audio channel is also possible, but I'd much rather have spare myself the work of separating the audio from the DOA information after transmission.

Thanks again for the help.

tfwfc

Post by tfwfc »

Hi Bisonhwk,

Have a look at the VocalFusion Speaker Control Users guide - https://www.xmos.com/developer/publishe ... trol-guide you can read DOA over USB using the control app.
Bisonhwk

Post by Bisonhwk »

Hey tfwfc,

I've already built the control binary and am able to query the DOA Angle using the binary, but I would like to send the DOA continuously, ideally in the form of an int, without any input from the user. Right now, the best I can do is use a script to query the DOA continuously, and it results in a print to console making further computation more difficult.
Bisonhwk

Post by Bisonhwk »

Just bumping the thread again to ask whether anyone has had experience dealing with this. Seems like something that there would be a demand for.

In any case, thanks for the help thus far.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

If you can't modify the vocalfusion binaries just write your own host software to query the doa over usb, rather than using the command line utility. Reverse the command line utilities or capture the usb packets to determine how.
Bisonhwk

Post by Bisonhwk »

Thanks for the help again. I've just gotten back to this and am looking through the USB related code in the XMOS. Would I have to change the code significantly on the XMOS side to work with a new host? It seems like I might have to write a host software to query from Android, but it seems like I could leave the XMOS side untouched. Is my understanding of the situation correct?

On that note, does anyone have any recommendations on where to start for writing a host software? Or, would the android documentation be the best start point?

Thanks again.