Where to find XEF216 list of registers

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
MisterHemi

Where to find XEF216 list of registers

Post by MisterHemi »

Hello,
I'm trying to find a data sheet or other document which list and explains how to access the registers.
I wrote a USB stack for the PIC32MZ and would like to try porting it to the XEF216.
The data sheets i've seen seem very vague and I don't understand or see anything helpful for my application.

Thank you!

akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

No offense but you might be approaching your problem from the wrong angle. The USB IP on the PIC will be very different from that on the XMOS device. I would suggest you get a dev kit e.g. the XK-EVK-XE216 (Digi-Key Part Number 880-1090-ND). Then flash up some of the examples like the CDC example, or the USB audio framework. They even have a vendor specific device example in case you're not using one of the more standard classes that have built in Windows (etc) drivers. So I think you should find the example closest to your need and then modify it from there.
MisterHemi

Post by MisterHemi »

No offense taken...

I have the the xCore 200 eXplorer board but I think my USB stack might be smaller, more efficient.
For example, I know they're different, on the PIC32MZ the Harmony USB stack is 24 times the size of my stack.
Also, I am curious about the inner workings of the Xcore processor. It just seems to me there would/should be more
documentation.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Super, sounds interesting. The main resources I'd be interested in is reducing core usage and / or memory usage. Sorry I can't really help you but will be keen to hear your progress!