XS1-L1 USB Audio 2.0 Board unrecoverable to USB 2.0

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
marcorampin
New User

XS1-L1 USB Audio 2.0 Board unrecoverable to USB 2.0

Post by marcorampin »

Hi,
I recently started to develop a projetc using the XS1-L1 USB Audio 2.0 Reference Design.

Out of the box the board was working properly in USB 2.0 mode after installing the USB-Audio-Stereo-Driver(2.10.0) into the PC.

Then, just to try the flash capability of the xTIME Composer Studio,
I flashed the app_usb_aud_l1_2ioxs.xe into the board.
The file is dated 03/04/2013 and I've found it into the USB-Audio_2.0_L1-Binary(6.1.0)[12.2.0].zip
downloaded from the Xcom support site.
The flasher did its job without any error but now the board is no more working at all.

It can work again only if I reflash the _1ioxs.xe file
but in this case it works only as an USB 1.0 device at a fixed 48KHz sample rate !

Is there somebody that could tell me how to recovery the board at its original USB 2.0 state ?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,

Marco Rampin - Italy

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

That's odd - the functionality is completely software defined so flashing different images is all you need to do.. And if it works on UAC1 then it will work on UAC2

I just tried flashing the binary file app_usb_aud_l1_2ioxs.xe onto my L1 UAC2 board and it works OK, so that file is known good.

If UAC1 is working but UAC2 is not, and you're running windows, then the most likely cause is the driver. When you connect the non-working UAC2 system, does device manager tell you have a device, but no driver, like this.
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 09.29.52.png
If so, be sure, and re-install the driver.

The other possibility is that you are connecting via a hub that is falling back to Full speed. UAC2 will not work over FS USB.. Depending on firmware settings, it may fall back to UAC1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marcorampin
New User

Post by marcorampin »

Yes !!!

Thank you !

After disintalling / installing four times the driver on the PC
Vista was able to install the right software needed for UAC2.

Now it's working again !

Kind regards,
Marco

first driver reinstallation ----> installed only UAC1
second ----> installation not succeeded
third ----> again only UAC1
fourth ----> UAC2 now !!!
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

The driver is tested on Vista as part of the regression test, so it really should work first time. Thesycon (who engineered the driver) would never release a driver that only worked on the 4th attempt.

Also UAC1 will work "driverless" because it's part of the native driver set that comes with the OS so that may not be related.

We'll keep an eye out for similar cases to see if it's systemic, but glad it's finally working for you.