Real-time IR Tracking

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
RichDevX

Real-time IR Tracking

Post by RichDevX »

Version: 0.01
License: Custom Licence
Download: /files/project_builds/PixArt.zip

This project demonstrates real-time infrared blob following/tracking by utilizing an i2c pixart camera, which can be found in the "Nintendo Wii Remote". The build has been bundled with a PC client, pixart demo, and logic logs.
The PC client displays the location of up to four infrared blobs that the camera is tracking. Which is helpful for camera placement, and troubleshooting.
The pixart demo tracks the "x" axis of the first blob, and proportionally directs the servo's angle towards the blob's location. A correct angle of approach wasn't a concern due to the camera's limited (~42°) field of view, and permanently mounting the camera wasn't planned.
Wii Remote and XMOS logic logs have been included, which requires free software available at Saleae Logic Software to be viewed.
The servo control driver used was developed by "bsmithyman", which overall added a nice touch to the pixart demo. Simple Servo Control
Videos of the demo functioning can be viewed at these urls:

http://planetyou.discoverychannel.ca/me ... y-24,-2011

http://planetyou.discoverychannel.ca/me ... R-Tracking
Video:

nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

unbelievable project with nice video, thanks for sharing RichDevX.

i think it will be the project of the month.
RichDevX

Post by RichDevX »

thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I was just about to say, just in time for April POTM! Do you have the video on YouTube so we can embed it? Super project though, very cool. Well done to all involved.
wilfordcimo

Post by wilfordcimo »

Trackers are used to measure the motion of the user's head or hands, and sometimes eyes. This information is then used to calculate the correct perspective projection and auditory input according to the user's position. Its really use full for cops and parents. But can be misused.
cheap sentinel for dogs
francissteiskal

Post by francissteiskal »

Wonderful blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Kudos!
self storage pa
brandendaine

Post by brandendaine »

Nice Project. It was very interesting to know about it. Also very interesting one.