Using Startkit (XK-STK-A8DEV) to program Slicekit Core (XP-S Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
cbarry

Using Startkit (XK-STK-A8DEV) to program Slicekit Core (XP-S

Post by cbarry »

Hi all,Since the XP-SKC-L2 core board doesn't appear to come with any programming gear, I'm wondering, can I use the Startkit to let me program the Slicekit board over USB?Some background: I'm wanting to do a multi-channel DSP project for my senior design thesis, but I have budget constraints that I have to take into account. I plan to use two, then four of the audio slices to expand it out, if my budget expansion is approved before the project is due. I have to demonstrate a working model before I can get the additional funds approved.The full-size Starter Kits break my initial budget without giving me any of the Audio Slices to start with. The USB XTAG adapter for sale doesn't appear to connect with the Core Board directly, but it looks like I can plug the Core Board into the StartKit. I've flashed other MCUs in a similar "chained" manner before, so it seems reasonable. Can it be done?

View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

The XP-SKC-L2 core board can be programmed with the XTAG-2 adapter which is available for about $ 20 USD.

Reference Digikey P/N XCARD XTAG-2-ND

http://www.digikey.ca/product-search/en ... 0?k=xtag-2