How much memory is used on each core Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
mogren3000
Member++

How much memory is used on each core

Post by mogren3000 »

I wonder how much memory is used on each core when I run all eight or just one?
Are there any good way to check this out as its running.
Thanks

View Solution
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

Each tile have 64K memory and this is shared by all the eight cores of that tile. The memory used by each core is not fixed and varies based on your design. If you want to find the memory used by each function, you can gent the information from the xTIMEcomposer tool.Double click on the binary file (.xe file) and this opens a binary view of your resource usage. Along with this, you will see two tabs containing function table and Data table. You need to sum up all the functions you are calling in the core and data from data table to get the memory sued by each core.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

You can check the resource usage at build time using the -report flag of the compiler. Example from the command line:

Code: Select all

mba:src bianco$ xcc -target=STARTKIT -report main.xcConstraint check for "tile[0]" (node "0", tile 0):  Cores available:            8,   used:          1 .  OKAY  Timers available:          10,   used:          1 .  OKAY  Chanends available:        32,   used:          0 .  OKAY  Memory available:       65536,   used:       7168 .  OKAY    (Stack: 824, Code: 4900, Data: 1444)Constraints checks PASSED.
To get this working in xTIMEcomposer I think you will have to modify your project makefile and add this flag to the compiler options.

Please note that all xCOREs on one tile share the same 64K RAM, the memory usage reported is for the whole tile.

yamada

Post by yamada »

"-report" must be written at Mapper option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.