Is it possible to have USB 2.0 interface with XS1-A16 -128 X

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
vaishali1

Is it possible to have USB 2.0 interface with XS1-A16 -128 X

Post by vaishali1 »

Hello,

I want to connect USB 2.0 interface available with XS1-A16-128 xcore Analog chip.  Like in Analog Slice kit there is no USB port available for USB connection. I am planing to make a design with XS1-A16 -128 Analog Chip or XS1-U16-128 chip. In analog datasheet , it is written that there is a support for slow USB devices. So can i connect USB 2.0 with xs1-A16-128 or not? And if i select XS1-U16-128 CHIP , then in the hardware manual of USB slice kit, it is written that only Analog or General Purpose slice kits can be connected to make multicore ( 32 Xcore ) kits with Usb Slice kit. Actually i am designing a board which includes ADC, USB2.0 , I2C, SPI, RS232, SD RAM ,  and ETHERNET support. So i have selected USB chip with 16 cores , but from the USB slice kit , i have found that i can not connect two USB kits togather , like we can connect two Analog kits togather. I want to connect two boards togather for future products. So can i use USB chip board for this. Please suggest me for this. Thanks in advance.

Vaishali

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Seems like you should be using a U to be but your question(s) are very hard to follow..

vaishali1

Post by vaishali1 »

Dear Ross,

Thank you for the reply.

Can i connect two customised USB (XS1-U16A-128) chip board togather. Cause i know that there is no edge connector in USB slice , so it is not possible to connect two USB slice. But if i customise it buy adding edge connector in my own board (USB chip based) , then is it possible to connect two of this boards togather?

Thanks ,

Vaishali