The implements of USB HID out in xmos

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
martinlian
New User

The implements of USB HID out in xmos

Post by martinlian »

Hi,

We are now developing USB audio products with XMOS U6A,in our products,The USB HID(both IN and OUT) is used to communicate between the host and device.the HID in function we used the USB-Audio-2.0-Device-Software(6.6.0),it is easy to implement,but the HID out we can not figure it out.

The problem is following,there are two type I have tried:

1、HID out using the control channel of Endpoint0 OUT

In this way,the host send a hid setup report command and then send the data,but in XMOS I don't know how to get the hid data,I tried several way to get data,the result is that there is an error indicated “memory access exception ”.I need to know how to get the hid data out of Endpoint0.

2、HID out using a independent OUT Endpoint

Using this,I get the hid out in the buffer() function,and I can receive data only one time,but the XMOS did not give ACK to the host,the host considered that the last data transfer is not complete,and the hid out transfer halted.I need to know how to give ACK to the host when XMOS receive the data in HID OUT Endpoint.

Please help to confirm the above problems,and reply back to me as soon as possible,thanks!

Post by Guest »

Have a look at the following application notes on how to implement USB HID class on xCORE devices. You can find the details in the following link:

http://www.xmos.com/support/appnotes/AN00129

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Check that you have marked the endpoint as XUD_EPTYPE_INT