xTIME Composer for ARM based Linux systems (Raspberry Pi)

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
msv
New User

xTIME Composer for ARM based Linux systems (Raspberry Pi)

Post by msv »

Hello,

I am experiencing some slight Problems with xTime Composer in regard to Programming/flashing of XMOS devices with the Command Prompt tool. Commands such as xflash and xburn require an extended amount of time to run on Windows machines compared to Linux machines running the same commands. We are in the process of testing multiple units using the XTAG 2 and flashing time is important to us. Using modern Windows desktops we have programming times of upwards of 60 seconds. Using a rather old (+10 yo) Linux desktops the same commands could be executed in less than half that time. Is this common that the Windows version of xTIME composer runs significantly slower than on even older Linux machines? Is there a way to speed the flashing process up? Perhaps with a different tool?

as it turns out the slowness of the the windows software was caused by our company anti virus software. My main question is now whether it is possible to run xTIME composer on ARM based Linux systems such as a Raspberry Pi.

As a follow up question: if it is just the way Windows operates, it is possible to run xTime Composer on an ARM based Linux boards? Such as a Raspberry Pi? I am aware that only x86 based versions are available for download. But perhaps there is still a way. perhaps compile for ARM?

Thanks.

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Official support of XMOS tools for ARM isn't going to happen in the near future.
There is just not enough animo for it. Supporting the three major x86 platform is already quite something, not? ;).
I'm not a representative though.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

I would love to see arm linux support for the commandline tools even if only xgdb. Could then be used for remote debug etc..

P.S. if xgdb could be run over ethernet (using say a XE based xtag, rather than usb based) that would also be cool.

regards
Al