xmake documentation (error codes)

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
jarnot
Member++

xmake documentation (error codes)

Post by jarnot »

I have just loaded the latest tools (11.2.2), and I am having a small problem with xmake -- it is coming up with '*** [all] Error 2' on one platform, probably as a result of me making a fundamental mistake. Does anyone know where I can download a manual which explains the error codes emitted by xmake?

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

This is usually not an error from make but from a program that make invoked, i.e. xcc.
Is it printing anything before you get the error?
Besides that xmake behaves almost completely or completely like GNU make because xmake is based on GNU make.
jarnot
Member++

Post by jarnot »

I think you are correct: xmake gives a message about entering a directory, and then leaving that directory, followed by the Error 2. I have a feeling that xcc is not seeing any files to compile. Before I ran a 'make clean' I saw several error messages regarding some files not being found, but the paths and files looked correct. I obviously need to look more closely. Thanks.
jarnot
Member++

Post by jarnot »

There ended up being two problems, neither of them with xcc or xmake. When using scp to copy a directory structure from one machine to another, the directory structure changed in a strange way. For example ".../dir1//XMOS/XMOS/dir2/..." became ".../dir/XMOS/dir2/...". I will remember to use rsync instead of scp next time to avoid this particular issue. The other issue was related to "xmake clean" not being able to remove some files in the copied directories due to ownership issues. Once again easily fixed.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Glad its solved now :)