Can't get app_simple_AVB_demo to compile Topic is solved

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
ers35

Post by ers35 »

poss wrote:- if I disable the dongle as a talker or listener (thereby limiting it to only 8 channels one way) will I automatically get an increase from 48Khz to 96Khz - or does that require additional coding?
It's not as simple as counting talker and listener channels. It depends on whether each software component in the audio path can be configured for 96K and whether the implementation can still meet its performance requirements given the new configuration.

View Solution
poss

Post by poss »

The DSP4YOU dongle is similar to the XMOS AVB AUDIO ENDPOINT PLATFORM (except no analog component) - which states that it can do 4 channels in & out at 96kHz, 24bits

If that is the case then I assume (hopefully correctly) that similar combinations such as 2 in 6 out at 96kHz 24 bits should also be possible

The only other AVB device in the chain (aside from the AVB switch) is a Motu Ultralite - which can handle up to 24 channels at 192KHz.

The 'demo' method in main.xc sets the sample_rate to 48000

AVB_NUM_MEDIA_INPUTS and AVB_NUM_MEDIA_OUTPUTS appear to define the number of talker and listener channels respectively - so time to give it a try!

The only other thing I need to get working is for the dongles to automatically connect. The sample code connects talkers with listeners but I will need it to work the other way around to connect a dongle automatically to the Motu...