Transputer Museum

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.

Are you interested in Transputers and related hardware?

Heck, no!
10%
Just no!
10%
Yes. When phalt was twinkle in his father's eye, I used to work with them.
19%
Yes. Just for their historic significance.
24%
Yes. I've never seen one, but I want to change that!
5%
Yes, and they were responsible for the childhood I never had.
10%
Yes, and I drape myself in the Union Flag before sleep, and wake to recordings of Margaret Thatcher touting a British Techno-comeback.
24%

Total votes: 21
russf
XCore Addict

Transputer Museum

Post by russf »

I've created a Transputer Museum, that is also an informal place to buy and sell related hardware. Nothing complicated, just a place to put images in a shared place. I'm sure that many XCore fans will be interested.

Please feel free to upload pics of your own Transputer modules/projects.

http://inmos.tumblr.com/

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

I have been looking for some cheap transputer hardware on ebay for some time.
Haven't had much luck yet, there's quite some for sale but at mind stumbling prices.
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Hey I'm not that young! :D
wardy

Post by wardy »

A good childhood friend joined inmos. I was very fortunate to get a couple of dev boards from him and self taught myself Occam (Over 20 years ago..).

My dream.... would be to see XMoss cpu's fill that missing gap some time in the future.
ahenshaw
Experienced Member

Post by ahenshaw »

I have been looking for some cheap transputer hardware on ebay for some time.
Haven't had much luck yet, there's quite some for sale but at mind stumbling prices.
I have about 256 IMS-B426 TRAMS (T805-30 and 4MB RAM) and 16 TRAM-carrier motherboards (IMS B012) in my basement. I built the system in the late 80s and when the last PhD candidate finished using it, the school gave it to me.

I've been thinking about selling off some of the pieces, but I no longer have a PC interface needed to run the hardware tests, so that I can confirm that the modules are good.
ahenshaw
Experienced Member

Post by ahenshaw »

Whoops. I finally got around to checking - the processor is the T800C-G20S. We used the T805s in another project.
ahenshaw
Experienced Member

Post by ahenshaw »

Has anybody developed a transputer link interface for one of the XMOS development boards (XC-1 perhaps)? I'd like to try to boot some of my boards and run the distributed processor and memory tests.