Slicekit Coreboard in Easy-PC

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
asibbald

Slicekit Coreboard in Easy-PC

Post by asibbald »

I have uploaded a set of files ( as a zip archive ) which is a complete reproduction of the XMOS Coreboard Schematic, PCB and device libraries, in Easy-PC format. I hope it is of some use to you.

I did this as part of an evaluation of a number of PCB design packages. In each case, we used this design as a good example of a medium complexity PCB. We were looking for a system that could produce this design relatively easily for people ( us ) that are not full-time PCB designers - thereby testing both its technical abilities and its ease of use.
We looked at Altium, PADS, Proteus, Eagle and Easy-PC. We have chosen to purchase Easy-PC on the basis of this evaluation. Please don't respond with comments discussing whether this is the "Best" package - it is the best for us. Your choice may be different. In our case, we found it a remarkably capable and easy to use package which did everything we need, and at a very reasonable cost.

I hope the files I have uploaded will be of use to someone. It seemed a pity to simply leave them sitting on a hard drive after the evaluation was complete.

before anyone asks - no, we haven't got the files from the other packages. we didn't complete the other designs as it became clear part way through that Easy-PC seemed to be winning....

leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

The file doesn't seem to be available.

I used Easy-PC for many years until they developed Pulsonix, and have subsequently been using that. Pulsonix can import Easy-PC files - I'll try your files out with that and make them available if they are OK.
asibbald

Post by asibbald »

Sorry - I wasn't clear - I posted the zip file in Projects, not in the Forum
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I looked in Projects and found it, but there are problems with the file name which confused me. I downloaded it and renamed it as a Zip file, which worked.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Nice work, I wonder if they also work for Design Spark, I see quite a few folks using that also now..

regards
Al
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Although Design Spark was also developed by WestDev and is based on Easy-PC, the files aren't compatible.