xCORE-XA , Is it available?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
bear118

xCORE-XA , Is it available?

Post by bear118 »

"2013年11月05日,XMOS公司在深圳东方银座美爵酒店举行新产品及中国业务发布会。此次活动中,XMOS公司企业传播总监Andy Gothard先生和中国区销售经理张少雄先生向OFweek电子工程网等与会媒体介绍了该公司推出的xCORE系列多核微控制器及其面向低功耗应用场合的全新xCORE-XA™架构。

CORE-XA由TSMC代工,采用65nm工艺,明年初开始向中国区供货。它的到来将给中国嵌入式市场带来怎样的影响,能否给嵌入式产品带来变革,让我们拭目以待。"

The article says that in 2014 to supply to China, where can I buy such chips?

thanks.

Gothmag
XCore Addict

Post by Gothmag »

I'm pretty sure they were discontinued. I've been making boards with ARM processors and xmos ones connected via UART, I²C, or SPI. Sending ARM config data at startup and a basic data logging program. I'd recommend you do a similar thing for your application. You could even flash the ARM image onto Xcore chip and simulate a flash to only program one device but that takes more work.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Hi all.

If it works better for you, you might want to fit your entire design on an XCORE-200, e.g. 2 or 4 tile device (depending on the peripherals necessary, etc). Since the Cortex-M3 is an integer device I'd think you could run pretty much all of your existing C code on one XCORE code with about the same performance as using the ARM Cortex-M3 hard core (it would be different if you had a lot of floating point DSP since then you'd need to rewrite it in fixed point, but you could use the other XMOS cores as DSP co-pros in that case).

It's especially easy if you use the port of FreeRTOS to XCORE for all your general purpose C code and then just use XC interfaces to talk to the XC code. Unless power consumption is a huge problem for you. You could even decide if you want to run code like xtcp, FatFS, etc under FreeRTOS or on its own XMOS core depending on how you want to partition the design.