--image-search-sector usage?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
jdfenley

--image-search-sector usage?

Post by jdfenley »

Having trouble using the xflash command --image-search-sector. When I type:

xflash --image-search-sector
I get:
Error: F03089 When multiple upgrade images and no global factory image is specified a target must be specified with --target.!!

Next, tried creating a my-xmos.xn file and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\XMOS\xTIMEcomposer\Community_14.3.2\targets\MY-XMOS/ folder...
xflash --image-search-sector --target MY-XMOS
I get:
Error: F03021 No Factory or Upgrade image to build.

my-xmos.xn file attached.

Anyone know how to use --image-search-sector???

Thanks,
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ers35

Post by ers35 »

The XFLASH manual says --image-search-sector is the default mode as of tools 14.2.

What are you trying to do with xflash?
jdfenley

Post by jdfenley »

Based on the description of the command in the Xflash manual, I was hoping --image-search-sector and/or --image-search-page would tell us what version(s) of bootable images are in the Flash. I'm testing various field upgrade routines and looking for a convenient way to know if they are working. I'm also working with a remote partner who is doing some testing and they are not XMOS-literate... thought --image-search-sector might be a convenient way for them to know what version they are running. Might even be helpful when I receive a board in from a customer. I just cant seem to figure out how to make the command work and there is precious little info online. Thanks.
ers35

Post by ers35 »

Use the libflash API to iterate through the available images in the flash. See app_flash_util for an example. It may already be compatible with your board.