Ending/stopping a parrallel task and how to restart tasks

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Channels in case selects of course and or mixing them with ports have you seen my basic channel tutorial in the wiki?

lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Folknology wrote:Channels in case selects of course and or mixing them with ports have you seen my basic channel tutorial in the wiki?
Ohhh, I was so focused on the PING-PONG-PING that I missed the actual code 8-)
BTW I think you need to check the code in your example, it wouldn't compile regarding mod _mod and __mod , or I do not understand the notation with mod.
I just changed a ( that you will find in the diff, but their is more to change, I just do not want to "f*ck it up"
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Yeah sorry about the typos I am still editing the page so feed back is welcome. I have run the ping pong stuff ok, the other won't run as yet because of typos and missing code. They should however give you an idea of how to use channels and ports/timers in select cases, which is missing from the docs.

As for the mod thing I am beginning to for a naming pattern to help get around XC (and c) lack of namespaces, when we assemble modules of code this will be important. I need to revisit this as it is not clear in my example probably because it is not even clear in my head yet!

Hope it helps though

Thanks &
regards
Al
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Yesterday I was playing with all the control token possibilities in the xs1.h
And checking the disasm for the result.

The possibility to send general control-tokens within a streaming channel of data with very little overhead is something I like.
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.