uIP

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
otitov
XCore Addict

uIP

Post by otitov »

Hi!

Could someone comment about further support for uIP stack on XMos, please. Could I expect new releases for it? Any plans to integrate XMos specific patches into uIP's main site?

Thanks.

davelacey
Experienced Member

Post by davelacey »

Hi,
The uIP port is provided "as is". So there is no *guarantee* of support or updates.

However, there will be an update soon to both the ethernet MAC and the uIP port. This will mostly add bug fixes and optimizations rather than new features.

In general, you are highly encouraged to submit any bugs/enhancement request (or patches) to support@xmos.com. We will look into them and try and incorporate them into a new release but, as mentioned before, there are no guarantees.

As for submitting back changes to uIP - it is not something we have looked at or talked to the maintainer about. The xtcp API which brings the uIP raw API out across channels is pretty well separated and XMOS specific so would probably be better kept in a separate distribution. The changes to uIP itself are relatively minor.

Dave
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

thanks for your comments.

please, forgive my error - talking about uIP I was actually meaning lwIP.

I was thinking about getting an entry for XMon on http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/cont ... ?root=lwip

could you comment on any plans to offer lwIP-1.3.1?

thanks!
davelacey
Experienced Member

Post by davelacey »

We are not currently maintaining the lwIP port.

The main reason for this is code size. Even though lwIP is relatively small for some systems it is still a bit too big (in terms of code size) for our platform.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

thanks for your comments!

I am a bit confused right now, as I have lwIP sources for XC-2 borad installed right now.

please, could you comment a bit about current tcp/ip stack for XC-2? where can I download a latest vesion of it?

thanks!
davelacey
Experienced Member

Post by davelacey »

The initial version of the XC-2 firmware used lwIP. However, the latest version uses uIP. You can get the latest version here:

http://www.xmos.com/applications/networ ... cpip-stack
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

great! thanks!