Problem Setting Breakpoints in XDE - Sometimes

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
bearcat
Respected Member

Problem Setting Breakpoints in XDE - Sometimes

Post by bearcat »

I have been having this problem off and on for a while. Now that I am using XDE alot, I need to figure this out. This is taking too much time. Windows XP.

Let's say I build a new project, import, etc. Build, debug, ok. Then out of the blue when I go to set a breakpoint, it show a yellow squigle and something like this: No line 19 in file "../test.xc". One time I rebooted the computer then it worked for a while. Most time restart XDE, pull XTAG2, reboot computer all fail to allow breakpoints next time XDE restarts. It is set for debug build.

I have built projects and I can't set any breakpoints right from the beginning, although this may be a difference issue. In one case, I had wondered if it was a capital letter problem in a directory (windows is usually case insensitive). Rebuilt the project with all lower case, then it worked, for a while. Still scratching my head on that time. Only a novice with Eclipse, so no experience to pull from.

Any advice? Can the metadata get corrupted?

bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

It appears it's a unix / windows issue. I fixed it by adding a mapping path.

Run Menu / Debug Configurations. Source tab. Add.

Modify the "New Mapping" dialog:
Compilation path:
\cygdriv\d\_XMOS\workspace
Hit the three dots, set local file system path to the workspace directory.

Change the above to match your drive letter and location of the workspace.

Well, after more usage, the above doesn't fix it every time. So I am not sure if this helps, or does anything, but I have left it set. Time will tell.
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

If you are able to isolate a case that still causes problems and describe how to reproduce it, please raise a support ticket at www.xmos.com/support so that we can investigate it and fix it if necessary.